YourAdhikar is a free service which allows users to file RTI applications Online for free. The RTI’s are filed through YourAdhikar so they are all anonymous. All RTI’s filed are mailed to concerned authorities with proper formatting and fees, all replies received are then scanned and mailed back to the users. The whole system is designed to be intuitive and extremely easy to use.
To file an RTI follow these easy steps:
1. Please go to http://youradhikar.com/
2. Register yourself with your email address. Check your inbox and verify your email address.
3. Login to YourAdhikar using the email and password used to register.
4. Fill out the form with the department name and PIO address to whom you want to file the RTI. To find the correct PIO name and address you can check our previous blog on the topic.
5. The existing templates are there to guide users to frame their questions.
6. After you have completed the RTI application then press “Continue”
7. The RTI has been created and it needs you to finally review and submit it.
8. Go to “View RTI’s” to view the RTI’s you have created. You can preview your RTI’s, update them, submit them finally or delete them.
9. Once satisfied that the PIO name and address, the department name and questions are all correct. Please click on the green “tick” mark to submit your RTI.
10. Your RTI has now been submitted and we will mail it to the concerned PIO with correct postage. Once we get back the RTI reply we will scan and email it to you.
The YourAdhikar timeline view will allow you to see all RTI’s filed and their replies in a visually appealing chronological manner. YourAdhikar will also incorporate a system for first and second appeal and will guide its users on how to use this.
YourAdhikar aims to make it extremely easy for users to demand information fro the government in India. We hope the tool is extremely useful for you all and we always appreciate good feedback on how we can improve the service. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the web form here.